Warranty claims will be compromised when play components, playground structures or site amenities are:
- Not assembled or installed according to APE’s assembly and installation instructions;
- Not maintained according to APE’s maintenance procedures;
- Not maintained according to CSA Z-614 or ASTM F1487 requirements where applicable;
- Subjected to misuse, negligence, vandalism, or accident;
- Subjected to the addition or substitution of unauthorized components or parts;
- Subjected to modiﬁcation, alteration or repair by persons other than an APE authorized installer or representative which, in the judgment of APE Inc. aﬀects the condition or operation of the play component, playground structure or site amenity.
Wear and tear under normal use such as dents, scratches, marring, fading and discoloration, minor rusting, exposure to abrasive materials such as sand or peastone, or exposure to salt-water is not subject to warranty.
Shade fabric warranty applies to knitted mesh materials only. Vinyl shade fabric is not subject to warranty.
APE Natural Playground wood components, playground structures and site amenities will over time exhibit features like checking (cracks), splintering, bending and curving which are normal and reﬂect the organic character of the material and are not subject to warranty.** Rotting wood is only covered to the extent that it will cause structural failure within the warranty period.
Shipping & handling charges are not included. All shipments are F.O.B. Point Edward, Ontario, Canada, freight prepaid and charged.
All warranties commence on the date of invoice to the end-user. Replacement components or parts will be warrantied for the balance of the original warranty.
APE does not authorize any employee, representative or any other person to assume on its behalf any other liability in connection with the sale or use of any Active Playground Equipment Inc. play component, playground structure or site amenity.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
*Play components, structures or site amenities not manufactured by Active Playground Equipment Inc. are subject to the warranties oﬀered exclusively by the manufacturer through APE as their dealer or agent.
**Regular inspection and preventative maintenance is recommended to address the unwanted growth of fungus, vegetation or insect infestation. Consult a local landscaper or garden supply company for recommended fungicide, herbicide or pesticide treatments if necessary.)
10 Year Limited Warranty
Metal support posts and non-moving metal components
High density polyethylene (HDPE) and rotational molded components
Powder coated, PVC Plastisol coated and painted ﬁnishes
Stainless steel fasteners
2 Year Limited Warranty
Moving metal components
Ropes, cables and chains